Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2019

Fly Fishing For Muskie


A new gallery for me, The Bell Gallery on Madeline Island!

To the Moon and Back at the Phipps this summer, 

several tiles there and in Hudson Hospital and Croixdale Clinic also.
Here are a few recent tiles and I am busy working on more, large and small tiles.
Thought I'd add a bit of my poetry!


Muskie Caught on a Fly

Epiphany icon
Image burned, 
Etched like film negative
Into experiential archive.

Am I as frightening a possibility
Through her glassy eyes?
Does she awake mid sleep to dream of me?
Do I cause her to awake midnight
As she wakes me?
This fine finned fishy,
This scaly gargoyle,

This fiendish friendMirrors the dramas and traumas
That suddenly spring forth
From the depths of time.
Like creatures rupturing reality
In the length of life.
The River of Now.

We fishers in the river of life.
What lurks below surface, 
Threatening mortality,
Terrifying
Enough to induce invention
Of a plethora of weapons.

A fisherman’s dream come true.
A candy store of fishy wishing.

Relish this joyful nightmare
The powerful writhing,
The symphonic crescendo,
The magnificent ballet.

You terrible beauty,
You thrashing maiden,
You Buddhist tanka monster myth,
You vivid thrill.
Epochal as birth.

Luck is a good thing to have.
A geode broken open.



















No comments:

Post a Comment